Thursday, June 5, 2008

More solid food ideas

So, I know we have already mentioned some ideas for solid foods but I thought I'd share a few more that I have learned from my friends.
  • Pureed foods- Ok, so we all know that once your little angle starts eating finger and table food, they aren't into that pureed food anymore... But, you still want them to get enough veggies in their diet. Well, Bridgett came up with this GREAT idea to stick a straw into the container and have your baby drink their vitamins!
  • Mandarin oranges- they come in cans or in 6pack "on the go" cups. Makes the perfect afternoon snack
  • Blueberries- Healthy, easy to pack and kids love them
  • "Puff" pastry with hotdogs- Buy those Pillsbury crescent rolls, unroll the dough and place a piece of hot dog/ turkey hot dogs inside and roll up. Bake and than cut into pieces- yum! Baby gets bread, but also some protein
We would LOVE to hear some of your menu pleasers! So, post a comment and pass it on!

2 comments:

Noel said...

Another idea that works for us is rice! My daughter LOVES rice. I make about 6 cups of rice and use a portion as a side dish for dinner. I then have enough left overs for lunch the next day and another side for dinner!

Noel said...

I just tried the straw trick- It works!!!!! Carrots thru the straw tonight!