Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day Weather

Ahhh- warm weather, clear skies and... hail?!?! This past Father's Day weekend we went for a walk. It was a beautiful day. All of a sudden we saw dark clouds coming into view. The wind picked up. We were still about 2 miles from home. A nice man pulling into his driveway offered us a ride home. (how nice was that?!) We graciously turned him down- as it had not started to rain. The clouds came closer and thunder roared. My little one started to cry so I snatched her up and started to book it down the sidewalk- leaving stroller, dog and hubby in the dust.
"Hurry Up!" I shouted
My hubby struggled to keep the pace and called out "The dog cannot run this fast her legs are short!"
"Put her in the stroller!" I retorted. Chloe was popped into the stroller and we raced home. I turned to look at my pooch as she basked in the comfort of her new ride.
We made it! I was so happy to be in the house. Just as the rain started to pour down we hear a hard patter. We go outside and it was hailing! We had missed the hail by less than 1 minute! We believe that was a little help from God.
Maybe we should have took the outreached hand of our neighbor when it was offered!

No comments: