Monday, June 16, 2008

Baby Registry 101: Lesson #4 - Gender Specific Items

This has to be one of my biggest bet peeves....PINK strollers! Don't get me wrong. I love pink! However, on big ticket items it is best to pick a gender neutral color!
Items to keep neutral include the following:
  • Strollers
  • Highchairs
  • Carseats (although it is recommended to get a new carseat every 2 years)
  • Excersaucers
  • Bouncy Seats
Let me state the obvious reason that is often overlooked...what if you have another child that is not the same gender?! People forget- you usually only get 1 baby shower! I just feel bad for all the little brothers out there that are strolling around town in their sister's PINK stroller! Another thing is that the pastel colors are not seen very well by babies. They see red and black first... If you know you are only going to have 1 baby then go all out and get PINK everything.

For those of you who REALLY want gender specific colors- pick a few key smaller items- a fab pink blanket, pink shoes, pink clothing- you get my point? Accesorize with pink or blue!

No comments: