Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Solid Foods

Well, around the time most babies are 1 years of age, they are ready to eat a much bigger variety of foods. After months of buying expensive jar food, both you and your little one are eager for something new. Therein lies the challenge-- how do you make easy, quick meals that are healthy??
I ask you all out there to share any favorite meals or recipes that have been a hit!
The following are a list of few suggestions I have:
  • Amy's Organic Chicken Sausages (may want to peel the outer skin off)
  • Turkey Hot dogs with or without cheese
  • Instead of buying the mac n cheese boxes, you can buy Pinwheel pasta and boil half the box. That should last you 2 days and use when needed for several meals. I grate sharp cheddar cheese over it and microwave for 22 seconds. You can also add in frozen peas to it.
  • Rotassire chicken, shredded in pieces
  • Grilled cheese
Also, as we try to move them from the bottle to a cup, I found straws are great. My son feels like a big boy drinking from one and it is a fun and easy way to get them to drink with meals.
Happy dining!

1 comment:

Noel said...

Great Post! Another thing that I found helpful is "Go-Gurt." I freeze a few from the package. If I plan on being gone for the day, I stick one in my diaper bag. It defrosts by the time I need it!