Saturday, May 24, 2008

Baby Registry 101: Lesson #1- The Receiving Blanket

After one too many views of all my friend's baby registry I began to cringe at their choices. This may appear to be "unwanted advice," but for new moms it's a necessity to know what you need and don't need. I was fortunate enough to have 3 pregnant friends while I was pregnant and we all helped each other research, register and recoup (yes- it is overwhelming!)

After printing off several friend's registry more than once and having to "edit" it, I have decided to share my thoughts with all of you and help those of you who are in registry melt-down! We will try to get out a lesson once a week. Please comment so we know what you think!

Lesson #1: The Receiving Blanket

Please DO NOT register for more than 2 receiving blankets! I have seen so many people register for 5-10 blankets, because they were told to by a large corporate chain of stores (no names here!) If anyone has EVER been to a baby shower they will tell you "You will get more than enough blankets!" People even use receiving blankets to wrap up gifts and be creative.

I didn't register for any receiving blankets, and went home with about 7. Now- I will suggest registering for one fabulously luxurious stroller blanket, but that's for another lesson!

No comments: