Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Taking your toddler out

One of the hardest things to do with a toddler is take him or her to a place that is not childproof. One place that comes to mind for me is church. Not all places of worship come with a trained staff of childcare professionals so what are we to do?

With the input of some of my other mom friends, this is my compilation of a "Toddler - Mommy Sanity Kit"
  • Cute Bag for toys - Such as this adorable backpack
  • Sippy or straw cup with water (safe for spills!) - The Munckin straw cups work for us
  • No spill cup for snacks- or ziplock bag fill with cereal. Use Cheerios or try Captain crunch to mix it up :)
  • Soft books
  • Soft toys to play with that won't BANG when they fall or are thrown - Check out these cute ones
  • If your child is old enough- here is a GREAT toy that uses water to color- no mess! I think I will buy a few of those...soon!
If you have any other ideas please share!

No comments: