Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Breast-Feeding Support at Hospitals

I read a recent study about hospitals lack of breast feeding support. I found this surprising because when I had my daughter I was given a lot of encouragement from the hospital to breastfeed. They offered classes and lactation consultants. Although, on the same token it seemed that after the delivery the staff were quick to give the bottle. The both of us had fevers and they had to take my daughter to the NICU to give her medicine to break her fever. She was back within the hour, but I was informed that they had decided to give her formula. Who was I to question this? After more research I felt that they really did not need to do this.

For more about breastfeeding please visit the U.S. National Institute of Child Health and Human Development.

No comments: