Thursday, February 21, 2008

Bring Back the Beanie Babies!

Okay- maybe the Beanie Baby will never make a comeback- And those cute little investments never did pay off. I just went thru about 50 Beanies that my mom had collected for me and thought- what can I do with these?! I can't see throwing them out as much as we don't need the clutter. Here is what I decided:

I am keeping some of the Beanies that are distinct animals- Pig, dog, cat, zebra, elephant. What am I doing with these? Well, these are PERFECT teaching aids for my daughter! We read a book and I pull out Beanies that are the same as in the book! I point to the animal in the book and say "Pig," then I reach for the pig Beanie and say again "Pig." It has really helped and I can see her understand more! She now gets: Zebra, Bird, dog and sometimes elephant.

The rest of the cute animals I am donating to a local shelter for kids.

No comments: