Monday, November 17, 2008

Eating out has NEVER been so much fun!

As my toddler ages I realize it becomes harder and harder to meet up with friend to grab lunch. The other day I met with a good friend to catch up. It was probably as of an stressful experience for her and her 3 month old as it was for me. It was stressful for her probably to watch me and realize that her little baby would not always be able to stay in the baby carrier. She climbed on the table, threw food, grabbed the banner behind us and nearly pulled it down. It probably took me an hour to eat after I fed my daughter most of my food. 19 months is a tough age, because you can start to discipline, but they don't have the "logic" yet. She was good in a sense as she didn't throw a tantrum right there in the middle of Panera Bread, but she was a typical active toddler.

I am posting this blog to all you mommies out there with babies that are under 6months old. GO OUT! Go to lunch with friends, go shopping, go-go-go! As much as it seems a hassle to pack up the diaper bag, get the milk ready and lug the carrier to the car- it only gets HARDER to enjoy those moments out in public! Please do it for all of us moms who have the crazy toddlers! Enjoy the infant phase as much as you can!

No comments: